Summary of History and Commissioned Works
2015 - 2016
- Performance with Brussels Philharmonic "Monoprism" (Maki Ishii) Belgium Premiere
- "And Never the Twain" Music Masters European Tour - Paris, Antwerp
- Okanagan District 33 School Tour - Canada
- Haruka naru Hibiki Concert Tour - Japan, Canada, Germany, Finland
- Produced 10th Annual Saiwai Shimoina Wadaiko Festival"
- Japan Taiko Representatives at the Japan Cultural Week in Helsinki, Finland
- Tohoku Disaster area Charity Performances
- Tokara/Mugenkyo 20th Anniversary of Friendship United Kingdom Tour
- Taiko Spirit Festival - Signau, Switzerland
- A-UN Japan Tour with Ensemble Liberta (Japanese traditional instruments group
2013 - 2014
- Collaboration with Okanagan Symphony Orchestra - Canada
- Workshop leader and performance at ECTC Conference - U.S.
- "1,001 Buddhas" Music compose and performance debut in
Collaboration with Ragamala Dance
- Japan Taiko Representatives at the Japan Cultural Week in Poznan, Poland
and Bern, Switzerland
- Headliner at the largest arts festival in Belgium, Odegand
- 43 concert tour Kazakoshi World Tour - Europe (Art Lee 20th Anniversary)
- Kazakoshi Japan Tour 20 concert national tour
- 'Toward the Undiscovered Country' CD release
- 'Existension' Solo Tour CD release
- Recording soundtrack for worldwide theater production of 'Elizabeth Rex'
- Art Lee receives award from the American Composers Forum
for composition of music for 'Sva'
- Two weeks of 12 concerts - Off Broadway, New York
- 'Kougeki Junrei' - Art Lee selected as one of three "Masters of the Odaiko"
- Kansai Super Show - Tokyo Dome, Japan (Art Lee selected as Odaiko Drum Leader)
- Art Lee selected to perform at the "All-Stars of Japan" Taiko concert at
Aoyama Gekijyo in Tokyo
- "1001 Buddhas"
: Debut 2013 at the Cowles Center for Performing Arts in
Minneapolis, MN. Commissioned by Ranee and Aparna Ramaswamy for
collaboration between Wadaiko TOKARA (Japan), Rajna and Anjna Swaminathan,
(U.S.A.), Kalamandalam Unnikrishnan (India), and Ragamala Dance (U.S.A.)
- "Fukuro (The Owl)"
: 2008 Commissioned by Hokkaido, Japan Taiko Group,
Kurisaku Shimafukurou, as their signature performance piece at all concerts for
2008 and 2009.
- "Sva (Vital Force)"
: Debut 2008 at the Southern Theater in Minneapolis,
MN. Commissioned by Ranee and Aparna Ramaswamy for collaboration between
Ragamala Dance (Minneapolis, Minnesota) and Wadaiko Ensemble TOKARA (Iida
: 2007 Full Concert Composition for concert tour collaboration with Shakuhachi and Koto Ensemble Rivelta.
@ 2015 by TOKARA Japan. All Right Reserved